Autumn 2011 shroud set

I soaked the terribly rancid echidna shroud for weeks in vinegar. After one month of decomposition Adam and I visited the animals we had set up in autumn. As the weather was colder decay had slowed down so we decided to leave them for another month before collection. I also processed the echidna shroud further by boiling it in eucalyptus leaves. It is the darkest shroud yet.

After 2 months Adam and I took Zephyr and Tepi out to the farm so they could run free. We had a lovely discussion with Steven about our animal art practices and PhD research then collected the shrouds. At home we processed them in vinegar, and one, the possum, in eucalyptus leaves. After removing the fox body we left the shroud at the farm so the maggots and ooze would dry. I have also placed a starling Tepi found at the farm that day on this shroud to decompose.

Dad’s Taxidermy

My childhood coastal home remains how it was when I was growing up. the original wallpapers, including the one I would stare at, crossing my eyes so it became miniature and advanced toward my eye. The tapestries made by my paternal nana in Hungary. Dad’s taxidermy processing sheds, his display and the garden he built where he now spends most of his days. My foundation for creative practice, my dad is my inspiration.